I am happy to announce that Elderly Instruments now has several of my dulcimers in stock.
I first began making dulcimers by putting together a kit I bought through the mail from Elderly Instruments when I was a teenager.
I never imagined that I would end up working at Elderly for many years nor did I think that at the age of 50 Elderly would be carrying my instruments.
I also didn’t think I would meet my future wife when I went to a job interview at Elderly many years ago.
So having Elderly carry my instruments feels like something has come full circle.
Now, if a dulcimer doesn’t suit your fancy I would suggest checking if this company is still in business:
I wonder how many parents lived in fear that their kid would somehow come up with $18.95 and order a monkey through the mail.
The advantages of purchasing one of my dulcimers instead of a mail-order monkey:
- Where would you learn how to play a monkey?
- Dulcimers do not need diapers
- No slippery banana peels all over the house
Now just to be fair, I will list the advantages of getting a mail-order monkey instead of a dulcimer:
- A monkey can learn to play the dulcimer and serenade you
- Recent studies show that a majority of dulcimer playing monkeys prefer a dulcimer made by Doug Berch
- Hey, its my blog and I can say what I want!